Thursday 7 July 2011

In a English Paper Piecing Mood

One of my favourite things to do to relax is to english paper piece.  A couple of winters ago I decided I needed to make a miniature Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt.  I used 1/4" hexagons to make this little beauty.  The quilt is 12" x 14" and took me longer to complete than most queen size quilts.



Just in case you aren't up to 1/4" hexagons, here is a quilt made from 1/2" hexagons.  It is from the book Quilt's from Grandmother's Garden by Jaynette Huff.  The quilt is a little bigger at 23" x 26".



My current project involves kite shape pieces and the fabrics shown below.  Stay tuned to see what this becomes!

3 comments:

  1. WOW. Speechless. Not sure I have the hankering to do them that small. I think I'll stick with 3/4 inch ones for now. How on earth did you do that? Amazingly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete