Tuesday 20 September 2011

Change is good!




This past Sunday I headed out to the Quilt Shoppe to join Katja and Sonja in an afternoon of quilting.  To my surprise, there was a Show and Shine happening in the parking lot.  So, I grabbed my camera, snapped a few pictures and for a change, here you go.  Cars!!





Now you can tell the men in your life that even quilters have an appreciation for nice cars!  As the show was winding down we were treated to a few burn outs in the parking lot.  Not your average Sunday afternoon at the quilt shoppe.  Remember, change is good.



Eventually I did get around to quilting a little.  Katja is human, believe it or not, she made a mistake and had to rip out a little.  Sonja was as calm as ever, embroidering another wonderful piece!

Now, with all the talk of change, my real job at the post office went through a change on the weekend.  The entire town was reorganized, and on Monday we all had new routes to deliver. On the last day in Brocklehurst I just had to take some fall pictures of the wonderful gardens I enjoyed every day on the route.  I had gotten to know a lot of people over the last 14 years, and I will miss seeing them every day.





I started my new route after a 2 hour training session to be able to use some new equipment. To say the least, I wasn't too thrilled with the change.  I was a little frustrated, and the only thing of interest I saw was this little fellow.


He remained perfectly still hoping I hadn't saw him.  I just had to take a picture.  

I did meet a few of my new customers, and I'm sure as time goes on, I will love my new route. Remember, change is good!  Yikes!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the minis! That was the car I learned to drive in. My dad still has two orange minis. Good luck with your new route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, I am really enjoying the blog postings from Katja's "gang".
    I was admiring your machine quilting on Carla's latest Moda creation and decided that you must have great patience - going around each and every circle in that border - great job!
    Marie Tate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, that red car in the picture second from the bottom is a 1911 McLaughlin Buick, the first car bought and registered in Ashcroft. I saw it in Ashcroft earlier this month when it came back for a visit. There are pictures and a bit of a story in this week's Ashcroft Journal - http://www.bclocalnews.com/bc_thompson_nicola/ashcroft_cachecreekjournal/news/130077638.html
    It's a beautiful old car, in great condition.

    ReplyDelete