Sunday 11 September 2011

A Glorious Day


Today was the MS Rona Bike Tour that I raise funds for all year long.  This year I raised $284 dollars from my Info Sheets that are available at Katja's, as well as from the Westwold quilting ladies who used my Mystery Wheel Pattern.  Thanks to everyone who helped.  A great big thank you to Doug who let me draft off of him most of the way, allowing me to complete the 54 km. ride


The morning started at Riverside Park.  The weather was perfect, still a little cool when we started at 9, but warmed up real quick on the ride.


Barbara and Kevin were among the many well wishers along the route.  With their encouragement and support, I just had to keep riding.  People living with MS are the real heroes!

And when you think the day couldn't get any better, it did.  I went out to Katja's Shoppe for an afternoon of quilting with some wonderful friends.  Joanne and Sue were hosting a quilt day with an awesome Chili for lunch, and Brownies from a secret family recipe.  Noeline had dropped off a few fabric goodies just to sweeten the day a little.


Joanne kept us on the straight and narrow!



Sue inspired us with a couple of tops that she had recently finished.


Katja found a little time to do some piecing.



Carla and Sharon were both deep in thought!


And Sonja, a never ending inspiration to me, was busy as always.

I hope you had a wonderful day too.

1 comment: