Sunday 13 November 2011

Wanda's Quilt

If you are up for it, I have a picture of another retirement quilt.  A year and a half ago I had made this quilt for a sample for the shop, and then gave it to my Mom when all the bird panels had sold.  I love working with panels as they give me a great opportunity to play with the quilting.  Anyways, I had it at work stitching the binding on, and Wanda saw it.  She fell in love with it.


As soon as Terry dropped Wanda off on her route, she phoned me and asked if I would pick up the fabric so we could make Wanda the quilt.  Terry did all the piecing, and I quilted it.  The picture shows Terry on the left, Wanda and me.  Terry was tearing up and Wanda and I were trying not to do the same, without much success.  Wanda was so much fun to work with and we will both miss having her at work to keep life interesting.  Happy retirement Wanda!

No comments:

Post a Comment