Friday 30 May 2014

Mill Book Series Quilt

My latest quilt is a kit from Moda called the Mill Book Series (Circa 1852.)  I love the rich reds and browns in this line of fabric!


The quilt finished at 77" x 92" so it is a nice bed size.  Before I even started this one I had a request from a friend that this be his quilt.  This friend is in the quilt business, and he said it is the first quilt he had ever saw that he really liked and wanted to have.  I'm glad that it will be appreciated when it goes off to it's new home.


This friend wanted Fireside on the back.  It was my first time piecing Fireside and I was pleased with the result.  This is going to be a very warm quilt.


Not a great picture of the quilting, but the best that I could do at the time.  I found it a little tricky to quilt with the extra wide stretchy fabric on the back, but was happy with the results in the end.


I am linking up with Crazy Mom Quiltsl today for Finish It Up Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Love the colours in this one....you have done a great job, and as always the quilting is excellent

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful quilt. I love the warm colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the triangles appear to float. Very pretty (or should I say masculine) quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this colour combination , wonderful quilt and quilting , I think you will have a very happy owner :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pictures don't do this one justice. It's beautiful Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks wonderful ... you have a love of HST xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt. I agree about the browns and reds. What a lovely compliment to have a friend request this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the HSTs. Colour combo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Linda, your colours are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete