Friday 8 July 2016

Friday Again!

Wow, time sure flies.  It feels like it was just Christmas and here it is July already.

Today's first quilt is a fun project that a friend and I made together.


We were lucky to pick up a set of the "Me + You" pre-cut hexagons at Spring Market.  We started sewing them together as whole hexagons and weren't feeling the love.  So.... We slashed them in half, added a sashing and mixed them up a little.  In the end, we both fell in love with the quilt.  What better way to spend a day than with a friend creating something unique.

A did have a little finish of my own.


It is a Cotton + Steel bag for my Millefiore quilt to travel in up to the Sun Peaks quilt show.  The show is July 18 -20 starting at 11 am each day.  If you get a chance pop up the hill and check it out.  Millie will be there along with some fabulous quilts made by local quilters.

Doug and I have been away for a week camping in the Trail area.  We found a lovely campsite in Beaver Creek overlooking the Columbia River.  We toured through the area and discovered a few interesting sites.


I love seeing wildlife and the area did not disappoint.  Lots of deer and this scraggly little bear.



Rossland is a biker's delight.  This globe is made from bike wheels, sprockets and assorted rings.  It sits right beside the bike store which is one of the friendliest stores I've ever been in. They explained all the nearby trails so I dropped Doug off at one of them and he road down to our campsite.  He was thrilled!


I did find time to do a little EPP.


Can't show you what, as it is a secret.  More to come soon.


All holidays come to an end, so back to the grind in Kamloops.  It was a tough night last night, watching a little baseball under the lights.  If you have free time this weekend check out the KIBT tournament at Norbrock stadium.  I'm not sure who won the game between Kamloops and Burnaby last night.  We left at ten and a friend texted me at midnight, they were in the top of the thirteenth and it was still tied.  I was tempted to text her at six this morning and ask the result, but I thought that might be a little mean.  

Linking up with Finish it up Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun at the quilt show. I get to attend 2 quilt shows this next weekend. I'll have a quilt in one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the revised hexies. The bicycle art is so interesting and clever..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be July, but it feels like November......
    Beautiful hexies. Fun quilt

    ReplyDelete